Friday, August 21, 2009

Let's Get Started Already... The Neck!





I apologise for the verbal diarrhea thus far - but I suppose that's what blogs are for. When none of your family or friends will listen anymore, it's time to go web....
First step: I bought Vintage Spec Tele Templates from www.canadianteleparts.com.
They are precision CNC Cut templates made from 1/2" MDF. I have been in contact with "Jim" who has been really friendly and quick to help answer my dumbass questions....

I decided to get a piece of 1/2" MDF and practice my bandsaw and flush trim work on test pieces to reduce the risk of wrecking my beautiful Birdseye blank....

I traced the outline of the neck onto my piece of MDF....

Then cut it out on the bandsaw....

Then trimmed it with the router.... (the purchased template is beneath my test template)...


Then I took the opportunity to drill for the tuners...

No comments:

Post a Comment