Friday, August 21, 2009

Crash Course....

First things first. After my initial wave of adrenalin at the thought of building my own, I realized I hadn't ever used a router. Upon further reflection I also had to admit to myself that I had never used a bandsaw.... in fact, if I was to be totally honest, I couldn't recall ever having set foot in a woodwork shop.
Time to educate oneself pronto.
I became a member of 3rd Ward in Brooklyn. It's like a cooperative for creative individuals to use as a workspace and one of their facilities is a wood shop. They also offer educational classes, so I signed up for an introduction to woodworking, as well as an intensive weekend dedicated to the router.
Quite tangential to Telecaster building, but worthy of a mention - 3rd Ward memberships include a free green bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment